Marketing & Publicity Executive
We are looking for a dynamic and creative marketer/publicist, to loudly champion the talented authors at Canelo, one of the fastest-growing and most exciting new publishers in the UK. This is a great opportunity for a varied, challenging and rewarding job at a forward-thinking startup with a friendly and ambitious team.
The successful candidate will develop a distinctive voice, and be a passionate representative for Canelo across social media, in the press and in the trade. You will devise and implement clever and original campaigns, generate feature and review coverage, and maximise prominence and sales across our ebook list.
- Devise and implement title marketing, advertising and publicity campaigns
- Create and maintain great relationships with bloggers and other key influencers
- Oversee author blog tours and other launch events
- Liaise with our authors and out-of-house agencies
- Manage the company social media accounts, announcements and conversation
- Distribute and promote digital proofs
- Contribute to book pitches and agent/sales presentations
- Devise competitions, giveaways and seasonal/anniversary-led activity
- Assist with planning/proposing retail and other special promotions
- Produce marketing assets and promotional email/newsletters
- Support the Abandoned Bookshop and Frisch & Co imprints
- Analyse and report on campaign efficiency
- Control and update the marketing budget
Since publishing its first books in 2015, we have built a reputation for hugely popular commercial fiction, with a focus on great storytelling and excellent value ebook editions. We love everything from action thrillers to sagas, psychological suspense to historical fantasy. In 2017 we particularly intend to grow our contemporary women’s fiction and crime lists.
We are an equal opportunities employer, open to flexible working, and particularly welcome applications from those of minority or under-represented backgrounds.
Competitive, depending on experience.
Email CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this has now been extended until 3rd March 2017.