Meet the Author: Rachel Lynch
It's time for our last author Q&A of 2017. Today we're sharing an exclusive interview with Rachel Lynch whose Canelo debut Dark Game comes out 29th Jan 2018.
1. What inspired you to start writing?
I've been writing stories since school – I've always had a lot to say!
2. What was your favourite book growing up?
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou.
3. Have you ever wanted to be/been anything besides a writer?
I would be a chef.
4. If you could have written any published book what would it have been?
Time and Time Again by Ben Elton.
5. Do you have any hobbies or fun facts about yourself that you’d like to share?
My birthday is on Christmas Day.
6. How would you describe yourself in 10 words?
If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.
7. What are your three favourite songs?
Hot Chip – 'Over and Over' (dancing around the kitchen on a Sunday afternoon).
James Blunt – 'Goodbye My Lover' (got me through husbands op tour to Afghanistan).
Paul Weller – 'You do something to me' (wedding first dance).
8. Share one true fact about your life.
I ran a 45-mile race in the Lake District called the Keswick to Barrow, and was fifth out of the ladies.
9. What have been the highlights of 2017 for you?
Getting Canelo on board, finishing 3 books, watching my children grow and thrive and taking them up 5 of the Lake District’s Wainwright fells in a week.
10. Tell us about your upcoming book in 5 words or less
Dream of a lifetime.
Rachel Lynch's new novel Dark Game is available to pre-order now.
Rachel Lynch grew up in Cumbria and the lakes and fells are never far away from her. London pulled her away to teach History and marry an Army Officer, whom she followed around the globe for thirteen years. A change of career after children led to personal training and sports therapy, but writing was always the overwhelming force driving the future. The human capacity for compassion as well as its descent into the brutal and murky world of crime are fundamental to her work.