Applications for this position have now closed. Thank you for your interest in Canelo – please follow us on Twitter to be the first to hear about future opportunities.
Have you ever created your own website? Or maybe cracked open an ebook to make changes? You might be exactly who we’re looking for to be a Publishing Assistant.
At Canelo we are building a new kind of publisher. With a fresh approach and a great deal for authors, we take the most exciting stories to the widest possible audience.
The Publishing Assistant is responsible for key elements of the production and distribution process and some editorial management. They will help oversee typescripts or scanned books from initial delivery to finished ebooks, and their subsequent distribution to retailers. We are open about your background and experience and welcome all applications. If you have a good eye for detail and enjoy working with books and technology, we want to hear from you.
- preparing preliminary pages and contents of a publication
- handling manuscripts for design features/styling
- producing end matter or adverts for books
- preparing and uploading manuscripts to CMS for final file production
- testing and distributing files to retailers
- ensuring that publications are delivered to retailers on time
- entering bibliographic details and content to the publishing management system
- helping to optimise metadata both pre and post-publication
- updating pricing information in the publishing management system and with retailers
- correcting spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and flaws
- repurposing visual assets; help produce additional image assets
- liaising with authors, colleagues, suppliers (e.g. designers/freelance editors/proofreaders) by phone and email
The Publishing Assistant will report to the Technology Director.
The closing date for applications is the 8th of September.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org